Kobe Bryant’s death in 2020 stunned the world. Some even called it the boiling point of 2020 being the worst year ever. Bryant along with his daughter Gianna was in a helicopter crash in January 2020. There were nine other people who lost their lives that day.
Kobe was one of the greatest basketball players of our time. The Los Angeles Lakers Hall of Famer was drafted at the age of 17 by Charlotte Hornets. However, Hornets immediately traded Bryant for Vlade Divac. Ever since then, Kobe pushed himself to prove to the world and himself that he was here for a long run. Today, he has inspired millions of people within and outside of basketball.
Bryant retired from basketball in 2016 but that didn’t stop him from inspiring people of all walks of life. He wasn’t just one of the best athletes in the world anymore. Kobe was a venture capitalist, businessman, and most importantly a philosopher (in some way). The Mamba Mentality that Bryant was famous for became his legacy.
Kobe created an alter-ego, “Black Mamba,” when he was at the lowest point of his life and career. He was accused of rape by 19-year-old hotel staff and was charged with sexual assault and false imprisonment. And everyone could clearly see the toll of his personal issues on the court. To get through the mess, Kobe prepared himself mentally; thus Mamba Mentality came into existence.
Kobe Bryant’s views on life, success, and mentality will forever inspire generations to come.
Here are some of the best Kobe Bryant quotes to inspire you.
Kobe Bryant on Success.
- “Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.”
- “Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.”
- “I’m extremely willful to win, and I respond to challenges. It’s not a challenge to me to win the scoring title, because I know I can.”
- “The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win.”
- “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.”
- “Use your success, wealth, and influence to put them in the best position to realize their own dreams and find their true purpose.”
- “Trust me, setting things up right from the beginning will avoid a ton of tears and heartache.”
- “A lot of leaders fail because they don’t have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord.”
- “We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.”
- “If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.”
- “Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.”
- “My brain…it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I sit there and have to face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure’…I think that’s almost worse than death.”
- “I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.”
- “Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.”
- “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.”