Don’t you think mosquitoes are one of the most irritating insects? Although they are small, they can make you want to stab yourself with frustration. Whether it is their horrifying buzz or their extremely stingy bite, we want to be away from them. Not to forget a massive list of diseases that they can spread. Using mosquito repellent lotions is the best way out of the itchy spots and rashes. The benefit of using a lotion over a spray is that it will last way longer than a spray.
So, you must protect yourself from these tiny demons. But when it comes to using these lotions, there are many options. Some of these are quite expensive than the others but do the job better. These 3 best mosquito repellent lotions are handy and easy to carry anywhere you are going. If you think that the place you are traveling to will have mosquitoes, take one with you. Don’t forget to check the ingredients before buying these repellents.
Things to consider before using the mosquito repellent lotions:
- Check the ingredients thoroughly if you have any kind of allergies.
- If you are breastfeeding, its best not to use it.
- If you are pregnant, check with your doctor to see if you can use it.
The 3 best mosquito repellent lotions are:
1. Sawyer Picardian Insect Repellent lotions:
Sawyer offers one of the best insect repellent products. They offer 3 different types of insect repellent lotions along with 2 other sprays. You can find one with 30% Deet and the other with 20% Picardian. The one with Picardian is more functional than the ones with Deet.
Furthermore, The Public Health Agency of Canada’s Canadian Advisory Committee on Tropical Medicine claims sawyer’s Picardian as the first choice of travelers for 6 months to 12 years of age.
The best features of Sawyer Picardian Insect repellent lotions are:
- They are kid-safe for as young as 6 months old. It can also be used during pregnancy.
- It can provide protection against other bugs apart from mosquitoes.
- It lasts as long as 14 hours after application.
- Not too pungent smelling.
- It doesn’t do any harm to your cloth and fabric.
You also have the option of using small packets for travel. Two packets of the lotion are enough to cover your whole body. The lotions are normally sold in bottles of different sizes starting 2-4 ounces. Among the 3 this is one of the best-rated mosquitoes repellent lotions due to its functionality.
2. Repel Sportsmen Max:
If you love traveling and spending time outside, this lotion is the best one for you. The lotion package is especially longer-lasting and best for outdoor usage. The main ingredient of this lotion is Deet, Picardian, and lemon eucalyptus oil.
The product is also kid-friendly and can be used on children aged 2 months or older as per guidelines. Use the lotions on exposed skin and also your face. Try to avoid cuts and bruises to avoid irritating your skin.
The best features of Repel Insect repellent lotions are:
- Non-greasy texture makes it light.
- Lasts for up to 10 hours after application.
- It provides protection against many types of bugs and insects.
Apply the lotion on top of sunscreen for maximum effectiveness. You need to be careful while using products with Deet in it because it might damage some type of fabrics and clothes. It costs $6 for a pack of 4 ounces which is quite cheap. So, the product is worth it since it is very effective and strong against bugs. This is perhaps the strongest among the 3 best mosquito repellent lotions.
3. Avon SKIN-SO-SOFT Bug Guard Plus:
Another best alternative to using Deet is Avon Bug Guards. Because they aren’t as strong as Repel, you might need to reapply it every few hours to enjoy it the best. The lotion costs $11.95 for a bottle of 4 ounces. Most users report that it does the job as well as any other bug repellents.
The best features of Avon Insect repellent lotions are:
- Kid-friendly- child above 6 months can use it.
- PABA free.
- The lotion also has sunscreen incorporated in it.
- IT contains SPF 30.
- The lotion is water-resistant.
- It contains Aloe and Vitamin E for moisturization.
- It is basically orderless.
- It doesn’t contain Deet in it, so its safer on clothes, fabric, children, and pets.
However, it needs to re-applied to get the same effects as the other lotions. Yet it manages to satisfy its customers. It ensures the protection of your skin against bugs but also the sun. So, it is totally worth the money.
These are the 3 best options for mosquito repellent lotion if you are planning to travel or just enjoy your time outside. The lotions vary on the smell, intensity, and price. You can choose the one depending on your necessity.
Keep Loving, Wikye.com