The NRL player, Nathan Cleary is caught up in a social distancing drama after pictures of the Penrith halfback with a group of girls emerged. As per the various sources, the NRL and NSW Police are investigating Penrith Panthers and NSW halfback, Nathan Cleary.
Cleary’s photographs were broadcast by the Nine Network with a group of at least five people, reportedly taken on Anzac Day. The halfback, however, apologized to his teammates from Penrith Panthers and said that the girls were a group of friends who had come to his home.
— 9News Sydney (@9NewsSyd) April 28, 2020
The news comes only one day after Cleary’s Blues teammates Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr were fined $1000 after pictures posted on social media. Particularly, the picture depicted the pair mingling with as many as ten other people on Taree farm in Mitchell’s Taree farm.
Nathan Cleary Defended himself saying friends popped into his place
According to the Nine network reporter, Danny Weidler, Nathan has defended himself saying his friends popped into his place on Anzac Day. Reporting about the incident, Danny said:
“He’s explained to me that they are some of his friends. They popped into his place on Anzac Day on their way to getting an Uber.“
Weidler continued reporting, saying:
“He realised pretty quickly that this was not a situation that he should be in and after a short stay they left. Nathan is very, very apologetic about what has happened. He knows he has done the wrong thing and he takes full responsibility for all of that.”
Penrith Panther referred the matter on to the NRL
Responding to the incident, Nathan’s club, Penrith Panther released the statement, writing:
“Penrith Panthers acknowledges the photos of Nathan Cleary being shared by the media in regards to social distancing regulations.“
Adding to that, they also informed NRL about the pictures when they were first made aware of the photos. As per the Penrith Panthers, the matter is in the hands of the NRL. Also, the club will no further comment on the incident. In addition, the incident has been referred to the NWS police and the case is currently under investigation.
Nathan Cleary is the third NRL player to breach the social distancing
The Cleary dispute comes just 24 hours after NSW Police fined $1,000 to Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr for breaching social-distancing rules. Additionally, Mitchell and Addo-Carr both apologized for gathering at a property near Taree at the weekend.
Particularly, Addo-Carr posted a photo along with Latrell. Further, the photo was evident to the fact that the pair was together with the group of 10 men, breaking the social distancing rule.
Concerning the incident, the NSW police released the statement, writing:
“Police have been told a group of more than 10 men were at a gathering on a rural property near Taree on Saturday 25 April, in contravention of current ministerial directions.“
In the meantime, the police also revealed the fact that the 24 years old, Addo-Carr had previously received a warning for breaching the Public Health Act.
Addressing the inquiries, NSW police said:
“Inquiries are continuing to identify the other persons and continue investigations. Investigations are also continuing into other potential offences, including potential breaches of the Firearms Act (1996) at the Taree property.“
NRL planning to resume season from May 28
Although NRL was planning to resume the season from May 28, these dramas could make things more complicated. Additionally, the proposed seasonal resumption NRL biosecurity rules would require players to stay home.
On the other hand, the players can expect visitors while practicing, playing, visiting the doctor, and shopping for important food. Moreover, the NRL has threatened teams with the loss of points and heavy penalties if any player breaks the rules.
For More Trending News, Keep Loving Wikye.com