We always nurture this desire to make our flooring to look eye-catching. Many people equate their standard of living with their surrounding environment. It will not come off as a surprise to say not only homeowners but the corporate world is also choosing to decorate their floor with polished concrete. If you think that the usual tiles are more appealing, then you probably do not know about the benefits and visual look of the polished concrete.
We will provide you with various information about polished concrete
This question may have popped up in your mind by now. This concrete is like a regular one, but it features a shiny no-wax coating that standouts. The materials used in this polished concrete boast of superior quality and durability. You will find it surprising that the demand for such concretes is found in massive warehouses and similar outlets, retail stores, hotels, restaurants, office buildings, auto showrooms, and residences.
If you take a look at the benefits, then it will explain you the reasons polished concrete is the first choice of the above commercial and non-commercial sector.
Benefits in the non-commercial sector:
- Polished concrete is well-known for its cost-effectiveness because the material used is of superior quality.
- When you get a product made of high quality, you can expect more extended lifespan. This polish concrete requires no replacement or do not get easily damaged.
- The no-wax covering will ensure you can easy the floor. Also, the floor harbor dust, dirt, allergens.
- The best part is that you will come across a wide variety of colors and designs.
Benefits in the commercial sector:
- The small business owner can reap benefits of polish concrete from the cost savings because of low maintenance.
- Several grocers have stated that this concrete is more resistant to high foot traffic, which saves time and money because they do not face any problem of shifting display freezers from one place to another. Thanks to the wax and strip the floor. It’s durable.
- Polished concrete is easy to maintain. However, you would only need occasional mopping. The glossy surface of polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires. Even if the floor gets stained by oil and chemical spills, you can clean it in no time.
- Polished concrete is resistant to moisture, and it allows the floor to breathe. You cannot have this facility in regular tile floorings.
- The coating of polished concrete features high light reflectivity. Such a feature looks eye-popping in office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities. You can even save some energy because reflection will brighten up the entire department.
- The best part is you do not have to worry about the coating because it consists of non-hazardous material and adhesives.
You will come across various service providers who will put forward multiple designs. The price may vary, but make sure you choose the best as per the benefits we have mentioned.
Contractors will provide you with two options—dry or wet polishing.
The contractor will not use water but machines that eliminate all roughness of the floor. Two of the most popular methods to make the surface smoother is metal-bonded and finer resin-bonded diamond abrasives. In the wet polishing method, the contractor uses water to cool the diamond abrasives so that grinding dust can be easily eliminated. The water acts as a lubricant, which increases durability and reduces the friction of the polished floor. It is up to you which method you want to employ.
The proof of the pudding is in eating. Pick up your phone and give a quick search on the internet, you will find so many reputed service providers. Polished concrete will bring a new look to your floor that no one can go unnoticed.