Looking for natural remedies for grey hair? Do you want to prevent greying of hair? Grey hair is probably one of the most discussed topics among all ages groups, be it teenager or adults. Moreover, the problem is visible in both males and females.
It is quite common to observe small strands of white and grey hair as people age. But seeing it at a very young age is something to worry about. The pigment, melanin, helps to retain the black colour of the hair. When the hair follicles lose melanin, the hair strands start turning grey or white.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the causes of grey hair and natural remedies to prevent it.
What causes greying of hair?
Yes! Stress is one of the major reasons to blame for the cause of grey hair. Studies show if you stress much, then you face increased risk of your black hair turning to grey. For a few, grey hair might be a natural cycle of the ageing process. However, for others, numerous reasons may play a role in the changing of hair colour.
Here, we discuss a few reasons for the causes of grey hair:
- Low levels of vitamin B12
- Normal ageing
- Tuberous sclerosis
- Thyroid disease
- Alopecia areata
- Excessive use of hydrogen peroxide products
- Nutritional deficiency
Is it possible to slow down the greying?
Though nutritional and hormonal factors play a major role, genetics also play an important part in hair turning grey. Grey hair may start appearing both during the early or later stage of life.
Does the intake of supplements help to combat grey hair?
Yes! Multivitamin Supplements helps boost melanin production. In addition, the right intake of omega-3 fatty acid and copper supplement also aid melanin production. Thereby increasing the colour and texture of the hair. Also, it supplies moisture to hair follicles, thus adding to a healthy look to the hair. Shop your OTC supplements from the best online pharmacy store in India and avail amazing medicine discount on every product you choose.
Home remedies that work best to prevent grey hair:
Well! Get handy ingredients right from the kitchen cabinet if you are fighting the greying of hair naturally. Here are a few tips to help you prevent early greying problems:
Coconut oil and curry leaves
- Coconut oil and curry leaves are an amazing product to treat greying of hair. Boil a handful of fresh curry leaves in coconut oil. After that, strain the oil and massage your scalp with this infused mixture for a few minutes. This mixture not only nourishes and helps in hair re-growth but also helps to slow down the greying process naturally.
Lemon and onion juice
- One of the age-old remedy to prevent the greying of hair is by applying the hair pack mixture prepared using lemon and onion juice. Just apply the mixture throughout the scalp and wait for 30 minutes. Wash it off with the mild shampoo of your choice.
Heena and Egg
- The mixture of henna and egg is a wonderful remedy to treat premature greying of hair. Apply it throughly through the hair and scalp covering the roots and wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Kalonji seed or black seed is one of the common ingredients in our kitchen cabinet. Black seed oil helps to prevent greying of hair and reduces hair fall, and hair thinning. Massage your hair with the black seed oil, leave it overnight and wash it off the next day with mild shampoo. For best result, apply the oil for at least three times a week.
Amla juice, almond oil
- Massage the scalp with the amla juice mixed with almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice. This mixture helps to prevent the premature greying of hair naturally.
How helpful is Ayurvedic treatment in treating grey hair?
Many natural ayurvedic products are available to help changes in the colour of the hair. The herbs like bhringaraj, amla, and brahmi may help to restore the lost hair colour pigment. They also prevent the occurrence of premature greying of hair. Consult an Ayurvedic doctor to find the best hair oils that suit your needs for treating premature greying. If oils and supplements are prescribed, buy ayurvedic medicine online from trusted online drug stores.
Keep following Wikye.com